(English) Vacancy Announcement
The BUNDESANSTALT FÜR GEOWISSENSCHAFTEN UND ROHSTOFFE (BGR) is looking for a:
National Technical Intern
Duty Station: Hanoi
Duration: 3-6 months starting asap
The Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources (BGR) is Germany’s central geo-scientific agency, providing advisory to the Federal Government and private sector. BGR also implements technical cooperation projects worldwide under commission from Germany’s Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The internship is located in the Vietnamese-German technical cooperation project “Improvement of Groundwater Protection in Vietnam”, currently running until end of 2021. The project is part of the BMZ-funded development cooperation program on adaptation to climate change and resilient development of the Mekong Delta, implemented jointly with GIZ and KfW. The project contributes to the development of a coherent national policy on groundwater protection and the improvement of Groundwater management in the coastal regions of the Mekong Delta. Anchored under MONRE, the project’s implementing partner is the National Center for Water Resources Planning and Investigation (NAWAPI), and activities are coordinated closely with the Departments of Natural Resources and Environment (DONRE) in the project provinces.
- Assist the project team in technical activities on various hydrogeological and groundwater use-related topics, including elaboration of concepts; data collection, compilation, processing, analysis, and visualization; report writing
- Assist during field studies, missions and capacity building measures for local stakeholders in the project region
- Support the preparation and documentation of internal meetings, external workshops, field visits
- Contribute to knowledge management and organization of a project report / data archive
- Review and summarize sectoral developments on (ground)water management, environment and the Mekong Delta from official and media sources
- Provide translation services when needed (between English and Vietnamese)
- Support office management as required
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Vietnamese nationality
- Currently undertaking or recently completed (within last 6 months) postgraduate or bachelor studies in hydrogeology, hydrology/water resources management, environmental science or engineering, or comparable course of study
- Keen interest in groundwater assessment, protection and management.
- Previous experience in a team-project or in an international cooperation context is an asset.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Strong MS Office skills. Knowledge of GIS and other specialized applications is an asset.
- Highly motivated to learn from, and contribute to, a small but dynamic team of international and national staff
- Ability to work precisely, with flexibility and independently on assigned tasks
- Willing to participate in missions to the project region if required
Duty station of this internship is the IGPVN project office located at the National Center for Water Resources Planning and Investigation in Long Bien District, Hanoi.
The internship is to commence as soon as possible, and will last for a minimum of three, and a maximum of six months. The internship can be taken full- or part-time.
The internship is not a paid staff position. An allowance to cover transport, meals and other costs is offered, commensurate to the agreed work hours and internship period. A certificate of internship will be issued upon successful completion.
Applications should include a letter of interest in English language, an updated CV and a selection of relevant references. Submissions are accepted via email only.
For further information and application please contact Mrs. Nguyen Thi Tham firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application is: December 15, 2020 at 12:00 hr (noon).